Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The special event!!

Today is a special day because my good friend Heidi said I should blog and here I am, blogging. I find myself worried and I'll tell you why. A) I have NO idea what to talk about and B) will anyone even read this?? Maybe I shouldn't tell anyone I started a blog and then B will be taken care of... :)

To take care of A - here's 10 truths about me:
1. I LOVE to laugh. My goal is to surround myself with people who can help me laugh through EVERYTHING. Life is a gift and we're supposed to enjoy our gifts; otherwise it's like your slapping the person who gave it to you in the face!!
2. I am so incredibly random. If someone were to examine how my brain works, they'd probably need to start therapy.
3. I come from an incredibly picky family (food wise). Since I was 25, I've tried to get myself to start liking certain foods (spicy, mexican, most vegetables) and most of the time, it fails. This year, I'm happy to say, I'm living adventurously and trying most things with new appreciation. It's been an incredible experience and I almost like to eat sea food and Mexican now. Still a work in progress.
4. I HATE spiders and in the past week I've found 7 in my apartment... AHHHH!!!
5. When I get really irritated, I get a panick attacks. I don't like to be irritated.
6. I love the sound of pop cans being open. I don't drink carbonation anymore so I don't get to hear it as often but I love that sound!
7. I dislike grocery shopping. Sometimes I don't eat because I don't want to go to the store. I wish it would come to me.
8. When I've had a really bad day, I like to watch Enchanted. It makes me feel really good about life; it reminds me that sometimes the things we want isn't right and if we are patient, the right things will come to us. We just need to wait it out and enjoy the ride. You know what, I'll be right back. Hang tight.
9. Before December, the farthest east I've ever been was Heber (I went to Steamboat Springs, CO last year and thought maybe that's be farther East but it's straight north! :( ) Since December, I've been to Tennessee, Disneyland, a Mexican Cruise and DC.
10. I'm not allowed to read books. I can't stop and will skip church, food, showering, etc just to get through the book. I won't answer phone calls. It's ridiculous!

Alright, this is a long one!
Next month I will be 30. 30 and still single. When I was in high school, I planned that I'd get married at 23 and start having kids at 25. Of course, that goal was unreachable because I was so incredibly shy that I didn't date the entire time I was in high school (I went on maybe 3 or 4) and didn't come "out of my shell" until I was 26. Shocker, I know. People who know me now would never think such a thing. But, all things happen for a reason. I'm incredibly happy being single and turning 30!! Over the last year, I've been able to find a better sense of who I am and the things I can accomplish and the things I want in life. I've also learned a how to face my fears. It's funny how many things hold us back because we are afraid! I'm having the time of my life!
Speaking of fears, so at the end of last year, I made a decision that I was going to be open to all possibilites that life gives me. Where I never really dated before, I decided to say yes to ALL dating possibilities. Throughout my life, I've always been the one to ask out the guy but this year, I've decided to not hold my personality back from anyone, trust that God would help me through and see what happens. When you decide to open up like that, people notice. I've met so many wonderful new friends (both guys and girls) by doing this and have come to realize some things about me I never knew. I think I'm bringing up dating in this blog because if I hadn't been so open to the dating game, I don't think I'd be as happy as I am. Being put in situations that you can't control puts yourself in perspective. It forces you to rely on "heavenly" forces so much more. Dating was just the start. I started doing other things that scared me like eating by myself INSIDE a restaurant. I know, I know, a lot of people do that but not me, I don't like going to places by myself. It's always made me feel self-conscious. But I did it and it was great! I also did my taxes by myself this year. That was pretty scary because I hate numbers and money and dealing with both together, I didn't think I was going to make it. Although someone else can do it in under an hour and it took me 6 hours to get it all figured out; but I did it and didn't give up and it was awesome! I know I'm pretty much blabbing right now but you know what, these small steps to some people were mile stones to me. So if anyone is reading this, I'm sorry if you thought it was boring or silly but it's a part of what makes me who I am. Until next post, have a great day/night or whatever!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ange!! Woohoo, first comment!! :D I thoroughly enjoyed your post and can't wait to read more about you!! I actually have a blog too, if you wanna check it out. I am extremely random as well, as you will find out. haha. Well, just wanna say you are AWESOME!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beautiful!! It's Sharon! I've missed you! I love that you are blogging! Now I can keep up with your life!! I have a blog as well...it's www.sharonelizabethrowley.blogspot.com...
    check it out and you can keep up with me too! Oh and I am planning to go to Disneyland again for new years again if you are up to it! :-)

    ReplyDelete