Sunday, April 27, 2014

Find your motivation

I got down to day 30 of the Body Rock 30 Day Real Time Challenge but have yet to do it. I re-tweaked my knee on Friday. It was having some bad days before but nothing like this.

I find myself sitting wrong at work because the chair is too low but I hit my knee on the desk if I put up where it's supposed to be.  Like literally, I've hit it maybe 6 times a day... so instead I over extend my MCL by sitting with my feet under my chair and it's putting so much pressure on my knee. It's been a problem since my days doing Taekwondo. I injured my ACL and I would just keep going without letting it heal.

When I started running, I'd over-compensate for my ACL and that's when my MCL started hurting, but even worse than my ACL injury. It's really bad when I try to go down something like stairs or when I hike down from the mountains. Going up is fine. Usually if I can get some squats in, it helps to strengthen it. This time I learned! I'm not going to push it, but I'm going to strengthen/stretch/ice and rest it so it can heal.

But it is so frustrating when you want to accomplish a goal and something like this happens. Plus I wanted to start running this weekend to get ready for the dirty dash and to be able to get a better focus that comes with running. Luckily it rained all day yesterday so I didn't feel too bad that re-injuring my knee didn't keep me from running, the rain did!

Not only did I feel frustrated from my knee but on Friday I got hit with some news that made me so angry, I just felt like I wanted to punch someone! Those are my favorite workout days because I get so much energy that I just go and go and at the end I feel like a million bucks. I also get focused!

My sister was in a really bad car accident last Wednesday. She lives in Tennessee. I don't hear from them very often but I practically raised her two kids. Her daughter, Chae, is my mini me. Her personality is me. I admit it, EVERYONE has a hard time with her because she's...well, she's me. She has all this energy and creative spirit and she thinks different from other people. Like me. Its hard to harness that and be productive. People want to put you on medicine that makes you something else. She needs to learn how to use all that energy and do things that makes her happy. Anyway, I'm getting side tracked. They were t-boned Wednesday night and it hit so hard that the DVD player that was attached to the seat in front of her detached itself and flew into her face. The hook went through her mouth and got lodged in but it didn't stop it from moving through her face up to her forehead, cut it right open...  Needless to say, she needed plastic surgery and has countless stitches both outside and inside her face...

The part that makes me so angry is that I found out Friday at 3:30 PM by facebook, while I was at work... Because apparently their army friends were concerned. This is what I see:
For anyone who has been trying to reach me over the last two days, I have been offline. I was in a car accident late Wednesday night. Everyone is ok, but Chaelynn has some deep lacerations to her face and we were sent to Vanderbilt to have a Plastic Surgeon stitch her up. We were released last night at 8:30 pm. Chaelynn is doing very well and she should be mostly healed by next week with very little scarring.

Well ok then. I see that I am a very important part of their lives. And guess what, nobody else in my family was notified. Not my mom, dad or my other sister who helped raise her kids and watched them while she was offshore in the army. NOTHING. I feel like I'm just a shell, not a person when I think about my family sometimes. I'm so happy they are fine but I'm so hurt that they don't care enough about me to actually talk to me. And maybe this is why I won't let myself be happy with relationships. I'm always ready for the let down.

Anyway, on to positive things. So I tried to workout Friday night but Day 30 looks like it's going to be really tough so I turned it off and instead iced my knee that night. Then Saturday I tried again but it's still hurting really bad. I also feel like the weights have become really easy so since I couldn't work out, I went shopping! I had 3 gift cards from a couple of Christmases ago so I got this beauty!!


 I was so inspired I had to workout. I did day 25 again. It's not as much jumping and because I know I've already done it, I just down-sized my movements a bit. It was awesome. The bar gave me a totally different core workout and I totally feel it through my whole body. Plus I really had to focus on how I was moving my legs so as to not agitate my knee. It was a challenge and I loved it!

Today I did day 26 again and my knee feels so much better. I didn't do as much jumping again but instead focused ONLY on the muscles, not so much cardio. It was AMAZING!! I was dripping sweat. I kept thinking about this:

My sister also said she saw something that said, 'sweat is fat crying". I like it!

Point of today's blog. Don't let things get you down that you can't control. The way we handle the situation is what we can control. I think it's going to be a great week! I get to end my 30 Day Real Time Challenge and start a new one while strengthening my body. I'm super excited. I'm also refocused on getting my diet in check. New goals!! So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment